Sunday, April 2, 2017

Projects... Projects... Projects!!!

Now that I have attended a bunch of meetups and spoke with quite a few people regarding learning to code, I think it is time for me to refocus my efforts. I'm going to take bits learned from a bunch of places and put it back together to revamp my study efforts.

Projects... Projects... Projects!!!

Recommendations for learning to code have echoed the projects message over and over and this is one I cannot ignore. Recommendations have also included the importance of knowing JavaScript and HTML/CSS as well as database and Git.

Right now I am still working on the Google Study Jam for Android as well as the MIT course for Java. I plan to keep working on these until the Study Jam is over but then switch to 50% projects and 50% study work and tutorials. I do like following along with tutorials and working on practice problems so I do not want to eliminate this entirely.

I'm going to use the recommendation of 90min of focused study (no distractions) followed by 30min breaks. Also using the peak time of day when I am most focused for working on the projects.

I also have decided to make a list of subjects I am interested in learning and to visit only related meetups as to not waste time. I have visited a few boot camps curriculum and personalized my own list which includes Java, JavaScript, HTML/CSS, Servlets, SQL, Git and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment