Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Free Code Camp Bolingbrook

Today we had the second Free Code Camp Bolingbrook Meetup. Only a handful of people showed up but that was ok with us. We were still able to collaborate and learn from each other, share progress, and make plans for future meetings. 

A while back I had followed the process listed on FCC to add a study group by requesting it be added to the list. Several months had passed and our group had not been added yet, so I decided to attempt to submit my first pull request to add our group. To my surprise, I found a fellow camper had put in our pull request (along with a list of other locations) and it is currently pending to be added. Very exciting!!! So hopefully this will help us grow our group as well. 

The whole reason I keep trying to start a group in the suburbs is to help us learn from each other, attend some meetups or conferences together and maybe even try our luck at a hackathon. I had already accomplished several of these goals last year with the Beginner Java Group and hope to spread this same encouragement in the new Bolingbrook Free Code Camp group.


No comments:

Post a Comment