Friday, March 17, 2017

Progress

Just wanted to post an update on my overall progress on learning to code. Although my original plan was to get 1000hrs of practice coding straight java, this has been tougher to do than originally planned.

I have been learning java, attending meetups to learn about coding in general, as well as attending the Android Study Jam. I am finding that while I am learning about java and/or android, I have to go and research another subject in order to continue working on my current project.  So, I have decided to make two progress bars. One will be for learning about coding in general and one java specific.

Here is an example. As I was trying to compare my java file to a file on GitHub, I could not find an easy explanation on how to do this, so I watched an hour presentation on GitHub from Udemy:
https://www.udemy.com/git-started-with-github/learn/v4/overview

This video was just a general overview of GitHub. There was not any info on how to compare files and most I found online are how to compare from GitBash. I can see others compared their code on the website integrating the Git file against their file. For now, I have decided to put this on the to do list for later and just compare the files side by side. I don't want to get too far off topic as I'm sure I could spend a week learning about GitHub.

No comments:

Post a Comment